68 Randall Street
S. Burlington, VT, 05403
A major issue for many businesses, and a prime reason some fail, is lack of capital.
Businesses need capital for many purposes, including paying ongoing operating costs, supporting growth, buying or expanding a building, purchasing equipment, financing inventory and/or accounts receivable, etc. Where and how to get the money your business needs can seem like a daunting challenge but there are usually several possible options such as your business itself, family and friends, banks and credit unions, equity providers and lease financing.
This session will be led by Cairn Cross, a co-founder and Managing Director of Vermont venture capital firm FreshTracks Capital and a lecturer at UVM and Champlain College. Cairn’s years of experience can help you to:
- Identify the various sources of capital available to your business
- Determine how best to approach capital providers
- Evaluate the benefits and costs of each source of capital
- Negotiate acceptable terms
Plan on networking with fellow entrepreneurs, the speaker and SCORE mentors at the end of the session.
Did we mention that it's free?! All you need to do is register!
SCORE Vermont is your local source for free and confidential small business mentors ... for the life of your business!
Date: Tuesday, January 14th
Time: 5:30p - 7:30p
Location: Keller Williams Vermont, 68 Randall Drive, S. Burlington, VT 05403
REGISTER NOW: Cost is free but registration is required
Get Your Calendar Out! Here is the 2019-2020 Series:
- 10/8/2019: The Pain Points of Running a Business
- 11/12/2019: Do You Know Who Your Customers Are?
- 12/10/2019: Five Key Numbers Critical to Your Business
- 1/14/2020: How & Where Do I Raise Money for My Business?
- 2/11/2020: How Do I Set My Prices?
- 3/10/2020: Is Your Digital Marketing Up to Date?
- 4/14/2020: Communicate Your Way to Profit
- 5/12/2020: Take Your Time Back: What Apps Can Help You & Your Business